Travel journal of Mary Beaufort, 1779-1784 Public Deposited
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 4025 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 55
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Public domain
- Date Created
- end 1784
- start 1779
- Physical extent
- 88 folios
- IE TCD MS 4025 contains, on folios 1 to 36, a journal of tour in Wales and the West of England, written by Mary Beaufort, wife of Daniel Augustus Beaufort, dated 10 August 1779- after 15 June . MS 4025 also contains, on folios 37-92: A tour in the same area as that described in folios 1-36, dated 11 September 1782-20 October 1782; on folios 48-9, dated [ ] November : a walk and boat ride; on folios 49v-51v: a day trip to Uske, 14 September , starting at Tentower (Queen's County), Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford, Milford Haven on to Pen-y-lan. Dates given only three times 1779; on folio 52: Another tour from Piercefield (Monmonthshire) to Cheltenham and back to Ireland, Allenstown, Co. Meath, May 1784. Extent: 88 folios.
- See, in general, CC Ellison, The hopeful traveller: the life and times of Daniel Augustus Beaufort LL D 1739-1821 (Kilenny: Boethius, 1987) especially the itineraries pp121-128, and the lists of Beaufort MSS in various places, pp129-130. There are microfilms in Trinity College Dublin of the manuscripts of the Beauforts Huntingdon Library (California). The Knight of Glin has a microfilm and he once (?1967) proposed to do an edition of DA Beaufort's journals.See also Beaufort correspondence in National Library of Ireland.
- Collection title
- Papers of the Beaufort family
- Acquired by purchase by the Library of Trinity College Dublin on 31 March 1967.
- Resource type
- paper (fiber product)
- Digital Object Id
Travel journal of Mary Beaufort, 1779-1784
- Parent works and subseries:
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|Travel journal of Mary Beaufort, 1779-1784: folio 1 to 36v, plus front cover||IE TCD MS 4025 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 55||Public|
|Travel journal of Mary Beaufort, 1779-1784: folio 37 to 65v||IE TCD MS 4025 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 55||Public|
|Travel journal of Mary Beaufort, 1779-1784: folio 66 to 88v, plus back cover||IE TCD MS 4025 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 55||Public|
|MS4025_001_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4025 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 55||Public||