Papers of Captain Stanley Cyril Beresford Mundey Public Deposited
Downloadable ContentDownload image
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MSS 3416-3423
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Estate of S.C. Beresford Mundey
- Date Created
- start 1912
- end 1918
- The Papers of Captain Stanley Cyril Beresford Mundey collection comprises a number of photographs, diaries and correspondence, many of which detail Mundey’s experiences during World War I. Beresford-Mundey served in the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry (43rd); he attained the rank of Captain on 10 June 1915; and was “Gazetted from Special Reserve; remained in India in command of Depot 17 November 1914-17 May 1915; attached as observer to Royal Flying Corps, 9 September 1915; present at the battles of Es Sinn and Ctesiphon; besieged in Kut al Almara; despatches; prisoner of war at Yozgad.” See: Neville, J.E.H., History of the 43rd and 52nd (Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire) Light Infantry in the Great War, 1914-1919. Volume 1: The 43rd Light Infantry in Mesoptotamia and North Russia Aldershot: Gale & Polden, 1938. p.433. Beresford-Mudeny was a grandson of Myles William Patrick O'Reilly (1825-1880), a soldier who served as Captain in the Louth Rifles in 1854. He was elected MP for Longford from 1862 to 1876, and was a co-founder of the Home Rule League political party (1873-1882). Captain Beresford Mundeydied in Sussex on the 6th of December 1962 (https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/42882/page/131/data.pdf).
- Presented to the Library of Trinity College Dublin by Captain Stanley Cyril Beresford Mundey, 23 July 1954.
- Resource type
- paper (fiber product)
- Digital Object Id
Papers of Captain Stanley Cyril Beresford Mundey
- Parent works and subseries:
This object has no parent works or subseries.
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|Beresford Mundey: Photographs||IE TCD MS 3421,IE TCD MS 3420||Public|
|Beresford Mundey: Diaries & Notebooks||IE TCD MS 3416,IE TCD MS 3415,IE TCD MS 3417,IE TCD MS 3414||Public|