Work

 

Seumas O'Sullivan miscellanea Public Deposited

Seumas O'Sullivan miscellanea

Alternative title
  • Legends of the lakes or sayings and doings at Killarney
Shelf Mark/Reference Number
  • IE TCD MS 4571
Location
Creator
Contributors
Rights statement
  • Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
Copyright status
Date Created
  • circa 1829
Language
Abstract
  • This Seumas O’Sullivan miscellanea consists of manuscript extracts from Thomas Crofton Croker’s 'Legends of the lakes or sayings and doings at Killarney', London 1829 illustrated with pen drawings - some colour, all unattributed - from 'Legends', with Barnett, A song ("Is the reign of Fancy over ...'). Bound in green leather in a volume that was formerly an interleaved copy of the Journal of the House of Commons; the printed pages have all been removed. The volume is lettered in gold on the front cover: 'Journal Office House of Commons". Present is a MS note (in Seumas O'Sullivan’s hand?) on the front endpaper. Seumas O'Sullivan was the pen-name of James Sullivan Starkey, an Irish poet and editor of The Dublin Magazine. O’Sullivan was born in Dublin in 1878 as James Sullivan Starkey. He married the artist Estella F. Solomons in 1926, and died in 1958.This item forms part of the Seumas O'Sullivan Collection, which contains papers, notebooks, booklets, scrpabooks and other miscellanea. The main reference number range for this collection is IE TCD MS 4532-4657; other related materials can be found at IE TCD MS 9814-9815 (correspondence) and IE TCD MS 11388/1-8 (personal memorabilia). For further information please see the Manuscripts & Archives Research Library’s catalogue record here: https://manuscripts.catalogue.tcd.ie/CalmView/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=IE+TCD+MS+4571&pos=1
Collection title
  • Seumas O'Sullivan Collection
Provenance
  • Purchased for the library in 1969 by Dr. Laetitia Overend and her sister Naomi Overend with funds put at their disposal under the wills of Robert F. Holmes and his sister Kathleen Greville. The parts which came to the Manuscripts and Archives Research Library were brought from 1 Morehampton Road, Dublin on 17 June 1969 and officially transferred on 13 November 1969.
  • Overend, Laetitia, Donor
  • Overend, Naomi, Donor
Subject
Keyword
Format
Resource type
Medium
  • ink
  • colored ink
Support
  • paper (fiber product)
Culture
  • Irish
Digital Object Id
  • MS4571_01
Source
  • 0124740

Relationships

Parent works and subseries:

This object has no parent works or subseries.

Items