Sequence for Christmas, Easter and Pentecost. IE TCD MS 6406 Public Deposited
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 6406
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Public domain
- Date Created
- circa 1750-1800
- IE TCD MS 6406 is a sequence, in Latin, for Christmas, Easter and Pentecost. Folios 2-12 were stencilled in the second half of the 18th century for Anna O'Neill who, like her sister Cecilia, was prioress of the Convent of Irish Dominican nuns of Bom Sucesso, Belem, Lisbon where this work originated. Title page reads: ‘DA MADRE SOROR D ANNA de IESUS ONEL’.Inserted at the front of the manuscript are:1. A typescript, in English (1 loose leaf) on the history and establishment of the convent Bom Sucesso, as effected by the political landscape in Ireland and Portugal in 1630;2. An engraving 'Ecco Homo' (1 loose leaf) by Jozep Eus Conradus;3. A newspaper clipping in English, pasted in, from the Irish Times, issue dated 18 August 1977, of an article entitled ‘O’Neill clan is alive and well in Portugal’ which details the writer’s (Mark O’Neill’s) trip to Portugal to trace the Lisbon O’Neills, who are descended from the branch of the O’Neill clan to which Anna and Cecilia belonged. The article is accompanied by a photograph of three generations of O’Neills: Jorge (senior), Hugo (his son), and Jorge (junior, Hugo’s son) O’Neill.
- From the Convent of Irish Dominican nuns, Bom Sucesso, Belem, Lisbon, Portugal. Purchased by the Library of Trinity College Dublin from Miss Eileen O'Brien, Travesa de Combro 8 1/c Dto Lisboa, on 1st August 1974.
- Resource type
- paper (fiber product)
- book cloth (textile material)
- Digital Object Id
Sequence for Christmas, Easter and Pentecost. IE TCD MS 6406
- Parent works and subseries:
- In Collection:
This object has no parent works or subseries.
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|MS6406_01_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_02_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_03_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_04_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_05_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_06_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_07_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_08_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_09_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||
|MS6406_10_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 6406||Public||