Photograph album of Dr. Charles R. Browne. [Volume 5] Public Deposited
IE TCD MS 10961/5 is a small photograph album of Dr. Charles R. Browne,with scenes of Dublin and Trinity College, 1894, some family scenes, west of Ireland family pictures, and antiquities.
- IE TCD MS 10961/5 is a small photograph album of Dr. Charles R. Browne,with scenes of Dublin and Trinity College, 1894, some family scenes, west of Ireland family pictures, and antiquities. With MS name and date: ‘C.R. Browne, 13th April 1896’.This album also contains the following photographs:fol 6v: RIMT; fol 6v: 3rd Hussars in 18th century uniform; fol 7: RIC sergeant; fol 11: the 'first congested house' being constructed on Clare Island, 1896;fol 14v: Jubilee Day 1897; fol 19v: spurious Jonathan Swift death mask; fols 20‐21: rifle range at Dalkey;fol 21v: visit of the British King 1902; Girls school group photograph loose at the back of the volume. For more photographs in the Browne collection see also the albums at: IE TCD MS 10961/1, /2, /3, /4, and /6.
- Collection title
- Charles R. Browne Collection of Photographs
- photographic paper
- paper (fiber product)
- Browne, Gweldolene, active 1997, Donor
- Family descent, to Dr. Browne's daughter Miss Gweldolene Browne, Hants, who presented the album to the Library of Trinity College Dublin in March 1997.
- Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745--Death mask
- Royal Irish Constabulary
- Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901--Anniversaries, etc.
- Ireland--Social conditions--19th century
- Great Britain. Army. King’s Own Hussars, 3rd
- Ireland--Pictorial works
- Dublin (Ireland)
- Trinity College (Dublin, Ireland)
- Ireland--History--19th century
- Ireland--Social life and customs--19th century
- Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910
- Photograph albums
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 10961/5
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Last modified
- Digital Object Id
- Parent works and subseries: