Literary commonplace book, .  Public Deposited
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 4389
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Date Created
- IE TCD MS 4389: Literary commonplace book.This is a working notebook, previously numbered 26, in which John Millington Synge entered drafts of When the Moon has Set (fols 1-22). Between Acts I and III are several blank pages headed Act II, the only evidence that Synge ever intended to write a three-act version. Also included are the dramatic fragment Luasnad, Capa and Lame (fols 25, 36v, 37v, 38v-48v); a Wicklow sketch (fols 37, 38); drafts of poems (fols 48v-51, 54v-56); a fragment of dramatic blank verse on the Faust theme (fols 5lv-53, 54); and some aesthetic notes (fols 53v, 56v).
- Collection title
- Papers of John Millington Synge
- Series title
- Papers of John Millington Synge: literary papers
- After Synge’s death in 1909 all his papers were inherited by his nephew and literary executor Edward M. Stephens. They were purchased by the Library, in 1969, from Stephens’ widow Lily M. Stephens.
- paper (fiber product)
- Digital Object Id
Literary commonplace book, . 
- Parent works and subseries:
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|Literary commonplace book, . : folio 1 to 30v, plus front cover||IE TCD MS 4389||Public|
|Literary commonplace book, . : folio 31 to 56v, plus back cover||IE TCD MS 4389||Public|
|MS4389_001_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4389||Public||