Hebrew psalter Poiblí Deposited
- Cód seilf/Uimhir thagartha
- IE TCD MS 17
- Ráiteas cearta
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Public domain
- Dáta a cruthaíodh
- circa 1300-1499?
- IE TCD MS 17 is a Hebrew psalter from the 14th or 15th century.It has been suggested that, in psalm 145, this manuscript is unique in having the full 22 verses needed to complete the Acrostic (i.e. verses each beginning with the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet). A note, taped into the start of the book, written by E.H.Alton in 1928, says 'There is written on the bottom margin of Psalm 145 a Hebrew version of the I verse (omitted M.T.). This verse is probably later than the original script - a translation from the LXX or [ ] by some Hebraist. the pointing is in itself suspicious.' Please see the Manuscripts & Archives Research Library’s catalogue entry for the MS here: https://manuscripts.catalogue.tcd.ie/CalmView/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=IE+TCD+MS+17&pos=1
- Former keeper of Manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College Dublin, William O'Sullivan, believed that this psalter was originally the possession of John Madden (died 1703).
- Cineál acmhainne
- Aitheantóir Oibiachta Digití
- Máthairshaothair agus foshraitheanna:
Ní bhaineann máthairshaothair ná foshraitheanna leis an ábhar seo.
|Mionsamhail||Teideal||Cód seilf/Uimhir thagartha1||Infheictheacht||Gníomhartha|
|MS17_001_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_002_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_003_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_004_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_005_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_006_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_007_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_008_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_009_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||
|MS17_010_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 17||Poiblí||