Literary commonplace book, 1898.  Public Deposited
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 4385
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Date Created
- IE TCD MS 4385: Literary commonplace book.This is a working notebook, previously numbered 19, in which John Millington Synge, whilst on Aranmore/Inishmann, entered the material which he afterwards used for Aran Islands Part I. There is also the draft of a poem beginning 'Come ye ?soul ?starved spirits ...' (fol 68r).
- Collection title
- Papers of John Millington Synge
- Series title
- Papers of John Millington Synge: literary papers
- After Synge’s death in 1909 all his papers were inherited by his nephew and literary executor Edward M. Stephens. They were purchased by the Library, in 1969, from Stephens’ widow Lily M. Stephens.
- Digital Object Id
Literary commonplace book, 1898. 
- Parent works and subseries:
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|Literary commonplace book, 1898. : folio 1 to 20v, plus front cover||IE TCD MS 4385||Public|
|Literary commonplace book, 1898. : folio 21 to 45v||IE TCD MS 4385||Public|
|Literary commonplace book, 1898. : folio 46 to 68v, plus back cover||IE TCD MS 4385||Public|
|MS4385_001_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4385||Public||