Travel journal of Daniel Augustus Beaufort, 1764-1766: folio 41 to 71v [back cover] Public Deposited
- IE TCD MS 4024 is a travel journal kept by Daniel Augustus Beaufort during the years 1764 to 1766.It includes: a journal of a tour in the Low Countries, 17 June-4 November 1764;a journal of a tour in the North of Ireland, 15 August-1 September 1765; a journal of a tour in England and Wales 25 May-10 June 1766;a journal of a tour in Waterford, England and Wales 9 August -16 September 1779; it proceeds from Mountrath (Queen's County), via Kilkenny, Knocktopher, Mullinavat, Waterford, Curraghmore 9-15 August; and via Passage, Tramore, Portmore, Passage, Duncannon, Milford Haven (31 August 1779). Folios 27-30 (from 27 May – 1 June 1766) describe the journey through Wales. The places DAB visited in Wales, written exactly as they appear in the diary, are Conway, Denbigh Sh[ire], Abergely, Flint Shire, St Asaph, and then on to Holywell, Cheshire. DAB writes short descriptions of the towns and of the people he encounters. Folios 58-68 (from 31 August to 16 September 1779) also contain entries of time spent in Wales. Places mentioned are Conway, Pembrokeshire, Milford Haven, Tenby, Caermarthen, Narbarth, Camrose, Brechnock, Llether, St Davids and Trefigin. Fols 41-68 have a mileage count and there is a sketch of Carrickfergus on fols 69-70.Extent: i, 71 fols.
- Alternative title
- Daniel Augustus Beaufort: a journal of a tours 1764-1779
- Date Created
- start 1764
- end 1766
- Collection title
- Papers of the Beaufort family
- paper (fiber product)
- Acquired by purchase by the Library of Trinity College Dublin on 31 March 1967.
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 4024 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 54
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Last modified
- Digital Object Id
Travel journal of Daniel Augustus Beaufort, 1764-1766: folio 41 to 71v [back cover]
- Parent works and subseries:
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|MS4024_143_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4024 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 54||Public||
|MS4024_144_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4024 ; former shelfmark: K. 6. 54||Public||