Proclamation of the Irish Republic ; with World War I recruiting posters Public Deposited
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 1-12
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Public domain
- Date Created
- Physical extent
- Papyrus Case 16 no. 1-12 comprises a copy of the Irish Proclamation of 1916 (Papyrus Case 16 no.1), originally pasted over 11 British Army recruiting posters (Papyrus Case 16 no.2-12), and said to have been torn from the walls of the G.P.O., Easter 1916. All of the items have now been conserved, with the Proclamation encapsulated in polyester film and shelved with the separate individual posters.
- For printing history see J. J. Bouch, The republican proclamation of Easter Monday 1916, Bibliographical Society of Ireland, v. 5, no. 3 (1936).
- Bought from the Tamworth family in 1970, with the help of the Friends of the Library. Said to have been torn from the walls of the G.P.O. Easter 1916, and acquired by Major Tamworth of the Montgomeryshire Yeomanry. See Miss V. G. Tamworth's account, 1970, at Papyrus Case 16, no. 1a.
- Resource type
- paper (fiber product)
- Digital Object Id
Proclamation of the Irish Republic ; with World War I recruiting posters
- Parent works and subseries:
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|The provisional government of the Irish Republic to the people of Ireland||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 1||Public|
|Wanted immediately: men for labour battalion Royal Engineers ... Apply to the Department ...||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 2||Public|
|Up, the Dublins!||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 3||Public|
|Germany wants Ireland!||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 4||Public|
|Will you make a fourth?||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 5||Public|
|Will you make a fourth?||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 6||Public|
|Men required for the Inland Water Transport Section of the Royal Engineers, for the period of the war for ... overseas canals ...||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 7||Public|
|An enquiry from the front ...||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 8||Public|
|Soldiers' separation allowances: increased rates from March 1, 1915 ...||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 9||Public|
|Victory: put your back into it and help ...||OLS Papyrus Case 16 no. 10||Public|