Fairy stories with a purpose Public Deposited
- Alternative title
- Truths and fancies from fairy land
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- OLS POL 70
- Whichelo, Charles John Mayle, 1784-1865, Illustrator
- Hill, W., active 1833-1850, Engraver
- Stothard, Thomas, 1755-1834, Illustrator
- Adams, W. H. Davenport (William Henry Davenport), 1828-1891, Author
- Danby, Francis, 1793-1861, Illustrator
- Goodyear, Joseph, 1797-1839, Engraver
- Brandard, Robert, 1805-1862, Engraver
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Publisher location
- Date Created
- issued 1869
- Fairy stories with a purpose. Preface signed 'W.H.D.A.', i.e. William H. Davenport Adams, who states that he has re-written fairy tales borrowed from other sources.First published: London, 1867 under the title ‘Truths and fancies from fairy land’. This edition published 1869.With wood-engraved initials and vignettes. Plates engraved by R. Brandard after J. Whichelo, by J. Goodyear after T. Stothard, and by W. Hill after F. Danby. One plate unsigned.
- Collection title
- Pollard Collection of Children's Literature
- Part of the Pollard Collection of Children’s Literature bequeathed to the Library of Trinity College in 2005 which consists of more than 10,000 children’s books spanning four centuries. Mary ‘Paul’ Pollard was a former Keeper of Early Printed Books in the Library. With former owner's name of Horace Coudy, Christmas 1870, and bookseller's stamp of Webb, Dublin.
- Resource type
- paper (fiber product)
- Digital Object Id
Fairy stories with a purpose
- Parent works and subseries:
- In Collection:
This object has no parent works or subseries.
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|Fairy stories with a purpose: page [i] to 55, plus front cover etc||OLS POL 70||Public|
|Fairy stories with a purpose: page 56 to 106||OLS POL 70||Public|
|Fairy stories with a purpose: page 107 to 128, plus back cover etc||OLS POL 70||Public|
|OLS-POL-70_001_HI.jpg||OLS POL 70||Public||