Maudlin of Paplewick, an opera (based on The Sad Shepherd by Ben Jonson) Öffentlichkeit Deposited
- IE TCD MS 4114
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Estate of Selina (Ina) Boyle
- Date Created
- approximately 1966
- IE TCD MS 4114 is a full score, bound, of the opera ‘Maudlin of Paplewick, a pastoral based on the unfinished play ‘The Sad Shepherd’ by Ben Jonson’, by Ina Boyle. The volume includes a note on ‘The Sad Shepherd’ on folio ii, a synopsis on folios iii-iv, and pencil sketches and list of characters matched with voices on folio v. Dress suggestions are recorded on folio vi, with further pencil sketches on folio vii.MS foliation note, in pencil, at the end of the volume: ‘Foliated 16 October 1972. vii + 312 folios. DS.’See also : IE TCD MS 4115 for a short vocal score, bound; IE TCD MS 4116 for pencil sketches, 1st version, unbound; and IE TCD MS 4117 and 4118 for pencil sketches.
- Collection title
- Selina (Ina) Boyle Collection
- Boyle, Doreen, active 1967, Donor
- Resource type
- paper (fiber product)
- Digital object identifier
Maudlin of Paplewick, an opera (based on The Sad Shepherd by Ben Jonson)