Easter snow Poiblí Deposited
- Cód seilf/Uimhir thagartha
- IE TCD MS 4132/8
- Ráiteas cearta
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Dáta a cruthaíodh
- created 1940
- IE TCD MS 4132/8 is a musical composition by Ina Boyle, Easter snow, with words by Winifred Mary Letts. Foliated: 58-59. Dated 1940. MS note on folio 58r: 'Words written to the tune 'Easter Snow' in Miss Honoria Galwey's Collection of Irish Airs. When the blackthorn blossoms are falling the country people call it Easter snow. W.M. Letts'. Honoria Tomkins Galwey (born 1830 in Derry, died 1925, also in Derry) was a collector of Irish music. https://manuscripts.catalogue.tcd.ie/CalmView/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=IE+TCD+MSS+4047-4173%2fC My jewel of the world, she sleeps so fast, She will not hear you, Spring wind, if you blow; So let you shake the blossoms of the thorn Till her bed is hidden deep in Easter snow. Bright jewel of my heart, she sleeps at last, O kind earth, wrap her round in your brown shawl. Sing soft to her and rock her in your arms So she'll not be lonesome after me at all. I hear the childher laugh as they run past, They see their mother watching at the door;It's long I'll wait beside the lonely hearth, For there's sorra child of mine will cross the floor. O thorn trees round her grave, now let you cast Your snow upon the place she takes her rest. The while I stay and cheat my heart with dreams That I'm holding her again upon my breast.
- Teideal bailiúcháin
- Selina (Ina) Boyle Collection
- Teideal sraithe
- Selina (Ina) Boyle: Chamber Music
- Boyle, Doreen, active 1967, Donor
- Donated to the Library of Trinity College Dublin by Miss Doreen Boyle, cousin and heir of Selina (Ina) Boyle, August 1967.
- Cineál acmhainne
- paper (fiber product)
- Aitheantóir Oibiachta Digití
- Máthairshaothair agus foshraitheanna:
|Mionsamhail||Teideal||Cód seilf/Uimhir thagartha1||Infheictheacht||Gníomhartha|
|MS4132-8_1_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4132/8||Poiblí||
|MS4132-8_2_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4132/8||Poiblí||
|MS4132-8_3_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4132/8||Poiblí||
|MS4132-8_4_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 4132/8||Poiblí||