Course of practical artillery Poiblí Deposited
- Teideal malartach
- Notes on artillery
- Cód seilf/Uimhir thagartha
- IE TCD MS 11103
- Ráiteas cearta
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Dáta a cruthaíodh
- issued 1845
- IE TCD MS 11103 is a ‘Course of practical artillery' by W.E. Reilly. Cover title stamped in gold: ‘Notes on artillery’.William Edward Reilly (1827-86), born Scarvagh, Co. Down, was a cadet at the Royal Military Academy, Woolich at age fifteen and commissioned second lieutenant in the Royal Artillery in 1854. He served in the Crimea, and was awarded the Legion d'Honneur. He became a regimental colonel in 1877, commander of the Royal Artillery, Aldershot in 1879, director of artillery at the War Office, 1883, and inspector-general of artillery in 1885. He attained the rank of major-general before he died.Although the watermarks are from 1845 and that is the date on the spine, the maturity of the handwriting and the quality of the illustrations suggest that the author was an older man when this work was completed. Reilly published several works on military and artillery topics but this manuscript remains unpublished. It may have been a course of lectures delivered to the academy but the presence of a decorated title page and table of contents suggest it was a work prepared for publication.Half straight grain Moroccan and embossed cloth sides. Gold tooling on spine. Illustrations : title page, table of contents, 2 line drawings, 42 pages of painted illustrations, 5 pullout pages with illustrations, one of which is painted, two diagrams, 15 tables.
- Purchased as item no number 964 in catalogue no 50:part B from P and B Rowan, Carleton House, 92 Malone Rd, Belfast, March 2000.
- Cineál acmhainne
- Aitheantóir Oibiachta Digití
Course of practical artillery
- Máthairshaothair agus foshraitheanna:
Ní bhaineann máthairshaothair ná foshraitheanna leis an ábhar seo.
|Mionsamhail||Teideal||Cód seilf/Uimhir thagartha1||Infheictheacht||Gníomhartha|
|MS11103_001_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_002_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_003_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_004_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_005_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_006_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_007_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_008_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_009_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||
|MS11103_010_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 11103||Poiblí||