Canon James Goodman Traditional Irish Music Collection Public Deposited
Downloadable ContentDownload image
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Public domain
- Date Created
- end 1870
- start 1857
- Canon James Goodman Traditional Irish Music Collection comprises manuscript volumes of Irish folk music collected by James Goodman, a native Irish speaker, uilleann piper, and flutist from Ventry, Co. Kerry, in the mid- to late- 19th century. Goodman was ordained as a Church of Ireland curate in 1851, and appointed Canon of Ross in 1866. In 1879 he was made Professor of Irish in Trinity College Dublin, the same university which he first entered as a scholarship student in 1847.
- Goodman, Godfrey, active 1944, Donor
- Placed on deposit 24 February 1897, and presented 7 September 1944 by James Goodman’s grandson, Godfrey Goodman.
- Resource type
- paper (fiber product)
- Digital Object Id
Canon James Goodman Traditional Irish Music Collection
- Parent works and subseries:
- In Collection:
This object has no parent works or subseries.
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|Irish pipe music, [and other notes and cuttings on music, religion, and finance]||IE TCD MS 11320||Public|
|Irish music of every description collected and transcribed from various sources||IE TCD MS 11321||Public|
|Irish folk music. Volume 1||IE TCD MS 3194||Public|
|Irish folk music. Volume 2||IE TCD MS 3195||Public|
|Irish folk music. Volume 3||IE TCD MS 3196||Public|
|Irish folk music. [Volume 4]||IE TCD MS 3197||Public|