Photograph album of Dr. Charles R. Browne. [Volume 3] Public Deposited
IE TCD MS 10961/3 is a large album of Dr. Charles R. Browne, much damaged by mould, with covers detached. With MS name and date ‘CR Browne, 28th September 1896’.
- IE TCD MS 10961/3 is a large album of Dr. Charles R. Browne, much damaged by mould, with covers detached. With MS name and date ‘CR Browne, 28th September 1896’. The album begins with images of Erris, (Ballycrory, Co. Mayo), 1895: 'Coastline and surface', 'People of Clare Island', 'Transport', 'Dwellings'. Shows people, some identified, being photographed for an anthropometric survey.Other photographs in this album include:fols 2v, 3v: Men and women of Ballycrory employed on road making; fol 3: on relief works; fol 5: working on the bog; fol 5v: a funeral procession and grave preparation; fol 6: a donkey race at Mulranny; fols 6v‐7v: antiquities; fol 15: spinning out of doors, and drying fish on the house roof ;fol 23: Dunquin and the Blasket Islands, August 1897, showing hamlet and farm; fol 24: beehive hut; fols 24v‐25: ogham stone. There are three photographs loose at the back of the volume.For more photographs in the Browne collection see also the albums at: IE TCD MS 10961/1, /2, /4, /5, and /6.
- Collection title
- Charles R. Browne Collection of Photographs
- photographic paper
- paper (fiber product)
- Browne, Gweldolene, active 1997, Donor
- Family descent, to Dr. Browne's daughter Miss Gweldolene Browne, Hants, who presented the album to the Library of Trinity College Dublin in March 1997.
- Photograph albums
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 10961/3
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Last modified
- Digital Object Id
- Parent works and subseries: