Correspondence of John & Catherine D'Alton Poiblí Deposited
Downloadable ContentÍoslódáil íomha
Correspondence of John & Catherine D'Alton.
- The correspondence of John and Catherine D'Alton is a collection of personal correspondence of some 275 letters sent between John and his wife Catherine from 1818 to 1853. John D’Alton was educated at Trinity College Dublin and was an antiquarian, barrister, Irish historian, genealogist, and biographer. Digitised here are: -- IE TCD MS 2327/64, a letter from Catherine (Kate) to her husband, John. Written during Catherine’s stay at Clonmore in 1824, between ‘Monday 9th of August’ and ’Friday 12th August’. -- IE TCD MS 2327/87, a letter from John to his wife, Catherine (Kate). Written on the 5th and 6th of September 1819 (Mullingar and Kealtown). John D’Alton reflects on his boat journey northwestbound along the Royal Canal from Dublin, and advises Catherine on how to spend the £15 he has sent her.
- paper (fiber product)
- Donated to the Library of Trinity College, Dublin by Father Wallace Clare, St. Joseph’s College, Ipswich, Suffolk, 8 December 1951.
- Clare, Wallace, 1895-1963, Donor
- letters (correspondence)
- Manuscripts & Archives Research Library, Trinity College Dublin
- Ráiteas cearta
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Mionathraithe go deireanach
- Cineál acmhainne
- Aitheantóir Oibiachta Digití
- Máthairshaothair agus foshraitheanna:
Ní bhaineann máthairshaothair ná foshraitheanna leis an ábhar seo.
|Mionsamhail||Teideal||Dáta a uaslódáladh||Infheictheacht||Gníomhartha|
|Letter from Catherine (Kate) D’Alton, Clonmore, 8th-12th August, 1824 to John D’Alton||08/05/2020||Poiblí|
|Letter from John D’Alton, Mullingar and Kealtown, 5th and 6th of September 1819 to Catherine (Kate) D’Alton||08/05/2020||Poiblí|