The one and the many Public Deposited
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 9921
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Copyright status
- Public domain
- Publisher location
- Date Created
- issued 1904
- IE TCD MS 9921, ‘The one and the many’, is a book of poems written by poet, playwright and political activist Eva Gore-Booth, the younger sister of Irish Republican leader Constance Markievicz [née Gore-Booth]. It was published in London in 1904, and contains one of Gore-Booth’s best known poems, ‘The little waves of Breffny.’ This copy of the book contains original pen-and-ink drawings and water-colours by Constance Markievicz; it also includes press cuttings and some annotations. Beige linen publishers' boards; purple cloth slip-cover.
- Purchased along with IE TCD MS 9922 from Miss Ann Gallagher, Sutton, Co. Dublin on 10 April 1985. Countess Markievicz originally gave the book to her close friend Dulcibella (Daa) Barton, sister of Robert Barton and cousin of Erskine Childers. Daa Barton gave the book to journalist and anti-treaty republican Frank Gallagher, who was also director of the Government Information Bureau under the Fianna Fáil government from 1951 to 1954. A covering letter from Stella Frost, a companion of Daa’s, to Frank Gallagher refers to Daa’s gift of 'The one and the many' which she had originally received from Countess Markievicz.
- Resource type
- watercolor (paint)
- pens (drawing and writing)
- book cloth (textile material)
- paper (fiber product)
- boards (flat objects)
- Digital Object Id
The one and the many
- Parent works and subseries:
This object has no parent works or subseries.
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|MS9921_001_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_002_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_003_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_004_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_005_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_006_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_007_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_008_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_009_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||
|MS9921_010_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 9921||Public||