Album of photographs and designs for stained glass windows, painted panels, and sculpture Public Deposited
Album of photographs and coloured designs mainly for stained glass windows but also painted panels (folios 6 and 20) and sculpture (folio 30). On front cover, lettered in gold is ‘J. Clarke & Sons Eccl...
- Album of photographs and coloured designs mainly for stained glass windows but also painted panels (folios 6 and 20) and sculpture (folio 30). On front cover, lettered in gold is ‘J. Clarke & Sons Ecclesiastical Artists and Stained Glass Manufacturers 33, N. Frederick St Dublin’.Extent: 30 folios. Foliated 17 December 2003 (see MS note, inside back cover).Contents:Folio 1r: Annunciation.Folio 1v: Floral designs.Folio 2r: Ascension of Christ; SS. Brigid and Kevin.Folio 2v: Landscape; floral design.Folio 3r: Angel at the tomb declaring the resurrection of Christ to Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome; Apparition of Jesus Christ to [?St. Margaret Mary].Folio 3v: Design for ornamental window.Folio 4r: Ascension of Christ; Holy Family.Folio 4v: St. Michael the archangel; Floral design; St. Patrick.Folio 5r: Resurrection of Christ; Crucifixion flanked by the Virgin Mary and St. John, with Mary Magdalen kneeling at the foot of the cross.Folio 5v: Ornamental designs.Folio 6r: Ascension of Christ; Annunciation.Folio 6v: Ornamental designs.Folio 7r: Rose window of the Virgin and Child; Annunciation.Folio 7v: Ornamental designs.Folio 8r: St. John of the Cross; Apparition of the Sacred Heart to [?St. Margaret Mary].Folio 8v: Ornamental designs.Folio 9r: Virgin Mary and Christ the King; The agony in the Garden of Gethsemane.Folio 9v: Ornamental designs.Folio 10r: St. Michael the archangel, St. Patrick and St. Raphael; Resurrection of Christ.Folio 10v: Ornamental designsFolio 11r: Design for rose window of the lamb of God, Christ the King and musical angels; St. Joseph.Folio 11v: Ornamental designs.Folio 12r: Immaculate Conception flanked by angels; St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Catherine of Sienna and St. Dominic.Folio 12v: Ornamental designs.Folio 13r: Death of St. Joseph; Rose window of the Sacred Heart of Jesus surrounded by evangelists.Folio 13v: Ornamental designs.Folio 14r: Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene Kiltormer, Co. Galway: St. Patrick’s Church: Saints Brigid and Patrick with Christ in rose window above.Folio 14v: Ornamental designs.Folio 15r: Wrexham, Wales: Cathedral of Our Lady of Sorrows: Rose window: Pieta surrounded by saints and their symbols; St. Joseph.Folio 15v: Ornamental designs.Folio 16r: Ascension of Christ; Baptism of Christ by John the Baptist.Folio 16v: Ornamental designs.Folio 17r: Ornamental design for stained glass window in memory of Sir Frederick Hughes.Folio 17v: blank.Folio 18r: Heraldic devices; Apparition of the Virgin and Child to unidentified saint.Folio 18v: blank.Folio 19r: Classical figures personifying virtues.Folio 19v: blank.Folio 20r: Lunettes with Christ’s miracles.Folio 20v: blank.Folio 21r: Queen Elizabeth, St. Cecilia, unidentified child saints, St. Patrick, and Queen Victoria.Folio 21v: blank.Folio 22r: Angels; St. Kilian and St. Michael.Folio 22v: blank.Folio 23r: Holy family: Design for one of six windows erected in Maynooth convent; Angel.Folio 23v: blank.Folio 24r: St. Patrick; Heraldic devices.Folio 24v: blank.Folio 25r: Circular panel with Holy Family.Folio 25v: blank.Folio 26r: Ornamental window with foliage.Folio 26v: blank.Folio 27r: Sacred Heart and Immaculate Conception. Folio 27v: blank. Folio 28r: Prayer in the garden of Gethsemane. Folio 28v: blank.Folio 29r: Sculpture of St. Anthony of Padua.Folio 29v: blank.Folio 30r: Unidentified saint; angels.Folio 30v: blank.
- Date Created
- end 31-12-1930
- start 01-01-1886
- Series title
- Clarke Studios: Designs and Plans
- Collection title
- Clarke Stained Glass Studios Collection
- paper (fiber product)
- Acquired by Trinity College Library from David Clarke, October 2002
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 11182/1
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Last modified
- Digital Object Id
- Digital Repository of Ireland
- Parent works and subseries: