Autobiography of the Reverend Sir John Pentland Mahaffy Public Deposited
IE TCD MS 11137, by the Reverend Sir John Pentland Mahaffy (1839-1919), Provost of Trinity College Dublin from 1914 to 1919, is a '... brief summary of the principal stages of my life... intended for m...
- IE TCD MS 11137, by the Reverend Sir John Pentland Mahaffy (1839-1919), Provost of Trinity College Dublin from 1914 to 1919, is a '... brief summary of the principal stages of my life... intended for my children and grand children - but there is no secrecy about it. No one will think it worth publishing. My record is in my works and my public acts.' Dated: 26 February 1919 (see folio 61r).Foliation note: Verso of folio 47 numbered in the volume as: 47a. Folio 35 in the volume is followed by folio numbered: 34a. Volume contains two folios numbered as: 50. See folio 34v for MS note acknowledging some of this misnumbering.Bound in green vellum, blind roll, labelled on the spine 'Entrys of Leases'.https://manuscripts.catalogue.tcd.ie/CalmView/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=IE+TCD+MS+11137&pos=1
- Alternative title
- John Pentland Mahaffy: autobiography
- Date Created
- created 26-02-1919
- Collection title
- Mahaffy Family Collection
- vellum (parchment)
- paper (fiber product)
- Donated to the Library of Trinity College Dublin by Rupert Mahaffy, son of Robert Pentland Mahaffy and grandson of John Pentland Mahaffy, March 2001.
- Mahaffy, Rupert, 1923-2005, Donor
- manuscripts (document genre)
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 11137
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Last modified
- Digital Object Id
- Parent works and subseries: