Map of the Province of Connaught Public Deposited
- Map of the Province of Connaught. Shows Co. Clare, with Munster, Ormond, Tyrconnell, and Oneall at the edges without details, Achill island exaggerated in size ('Conaught and Thomond per Browne'). In six irregular sheets, the edges of which match to make the map of the area. c1600. Burleigh's hand occurs on this map, has an old numbering 2 (inserted was the drawing of the 'Connogh Worm' see now TCD MS 888/2/32a). The Connogh Worm is described by William Molyneux to his brother Thomas, Dublin, 27 September 1684 (numbered MS 888/2/32a since September 1981. Formerly MS I.4.19 no.32) as perhaps originally part of the papers of the Dublin Philosophical Society and inserted into the Hardiman Atlas by mistake.
- Alternative title
- Hardiman atlas
- Collection title
- Hardiman atlas
- paper (fiber product)
- Collected by George Carew, Lord President of Munster at the beginning of the 17th century. Presented to the Library of Trinity College Dublin in the late 1700s.
- Shelf Mark/Reference Number
- IE TCD MS 1209/68
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Last modified
- Digital Object Id
Map of the Province of Connaught
- Parent works and subseries:
|Thumbnail||Title||Shelf Mark/Reference Number||Visibility||Actions|
|MS1209_175_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 1209/68||Public||
|MS1209_176_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 1209/68||Public||
|MS1209_177_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 1209/68||Public||
|MS1209_178_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 1209/68||Public||
|MS1209_179_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 1209/68||Public||
|MS1209_180_HI.jpg||IE TCD MS 1209/68||Public||