Oscar Wilde Collection: Ephemera Public Deposited
Downloadable ContentDownload image
A selection of Oscar Wilde-related ephemera, mainly from the Julia Rosenthal Oscar Wilde Collection.
- A selection of Oscar Wilde-related ephemera, mainly from the Julia Rosenthal Oscar Wilde Collection. Includes a variety of trade cards for cigar, cotton thread, clothing, and cosmetics retailers, amongst others; many of the cards are influenced by the Aesthetic Movement of the 19th century, and feature depictions of Oscar Wilde himself.
- Date Created
- start 1880
- end 1902
- paper (fiber product)
- The Oscar Wilde collection was acquired by Trinity College Library in 2011 from Julia Rosenthal, a rare book dealer and avid collector of Wildeana, based in London
- Trade cards
- Comic cards
- Manuscripts & Archives Research Library, Trinity College Dublin
- Rights statement
- Copyright The Board of Trinity College Dublin. Images are available for single-use academic application only. Publication, transmission or display is prohibited without formal written approval of the Library of Trinity College, Dublin.
- Last modified
- Resource type
- Digital Object Id
- Parent works and subseries:
- In Collection:
This object has no parent works or subseries.
|The ballad of F double E||05/05/2020||Public|
|Oscar Wilde Galop||05/05/2020||Public|
|‘I vas aesthetic aint it’||05/05/2020||Public|
|‘National aesthetics: Begorra and I belave I am Oscar himsilf’||05/05/2020||Public|
|Straiton and Storm’s new cigars||05/05/2020||Public|
|'Ise gwine for to wushup dat lily kase it sembles me'||05/05/2020||Public|
|Receipt autographed by Oscar Wilde||05/05/2020||Public|
|Memoriam card for Oscar Wilde, given to those who attended his transference from Bagneux to Père Lachaise, 20 June 1909||05/05/2020||Public|
|Print of a drawing in black ink by Aubrey Beardsley for the book-plate of John Lumsden Propert from Vol I. of 'The Yellow Book'||05/05/2020||Public|